Bible Quiz (May 2023) Questions
Week 1 Questions (Old Testament: Job 1, New Testament: Luke 1)
1. What are the four spiritual characteristics by which Word of GOD introduces Job?
In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job.
This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.
2. What is the wordly wealth of Job as described by Word of GOD?
He had seven sons and three daughters,
He owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants.
He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.
3. Why did the Angels and satan come before GOD?
One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them.
4. Who brought up the discussion on Job in GOD's presence? Was it GOD or satan?
Then the Lord said to Satan,
"Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."
5. Who took up the task of destroying everything Job had? GOD, satan, Angels or Job's enemies?
The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
6. To whom did the author of the of Gospel of Luke, write the Gospel for?
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us,
just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.
With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
7. Whose spirit and power will John the Baptist live with?
He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth,
for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
8. What happened to Zechariah when he did not believe the words of Angel Gabriel.
The angel said to him, "I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.
9. What name did people propose at first for John the Baptist.
On the eighth day they came to circumcise the child, and they were going to name him after his father Zechariah
10. When was John the Baptist filled with Holy Spirit?
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.
Week 2 Questions (Old Testament: Job 2, New Testament: Luke 2)
1.When did GOD hand over Job to the hands of satan?
Job 2: 4-6
"Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face." The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."
2. What did Job's wife tell him to do, when he was sitting among the ashes?
Job 2: 9
His wife said to him, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!"
3. What are the names of Job's three friends?
Job 2 : 11
When Job's three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him.
4. How long did Job's friends sit with him in grief, without uttering a word?
Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was.
5. Who was the Roman emporer who ordered that census be taken throughout Roman empire?
In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.
6. Which town did Joseph travel from, when he travelled to Bethlehem.?
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
7. Which town is called the town of David?
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
8. Who said to Mother Mary, "a sword will peirce your soul too"
Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."
9.What was the name of the prophet who like all her life in temple, gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem?
Luke 2 : 36 - 38
There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[e] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38 Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.
10. Why did Jesus and his parents go to Jerusalem every year?
Luke 2: 41
Every year Jesus' parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover.
Week 3 Questions (Old Testament: Luke 3, Job 3)
1.How old was Jesus when he started his ministry?
Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry.
2.Who was Pontus Pilate?
Job 2 : 11
In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea.
3. Which prophet prophesized the ministry of John the Baptist?
As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet.
4. With what will Jesus baptize people, according to John the Baptist.
John answered them all, "I baptize you with[b] water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire.
5. What was John the Baptist's instruction to tax collectors?
"Don't collect any more than you are required to," he told them.
6. What did Job say, when he opened his mouth to his friends for the first time
After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth
7. What does Job say has become his daily food?
For sighing has become my daily food.
8. What came true for Job?
What I feared has come upon me
9.Where state is Job in, on account of his state?
I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil.
Week 4 Questions (Old Testament: Job 3, Luke 4)
1.Who was Eliphaz?
Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied.
2.According to Eliphaz, what should be Job's confidence?
Should not your piety be your confidence and your blameless ways your hope?.
3. From whon did Eliphaz hear the word that was revealed to him?
A spirit glided past my face and the hair on my body stood on end. It stopped, but I could not tell what it was. A form stood before my eyes, and I heard a hushed voice
4. Who, according to Eliphaz, have never perished?
“Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished?
5. According to Luke, how many days was Jesus tested by the devil?
where for forty days he was tempted by the devil.
6. Who led Jesus to the desert?
Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.
7. How many times did satan ask Jesus to prove he was the Son of GOD?
The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”
The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,”
8. Which book did Jesus read from, the passage of which Jesus claimed was fullfilled the Sabbath day he preached in Nazareth.?
He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him.
9.Why did the people of Nazarath take Jesus to the top of the hill?
They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff.
10.Whose mother-in-law did Jesus heal in Capernaum?
Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus to help her.