Bible Quiz (February 2019) Questions
Week 1 Questions (Old Testament: Job 5, New Testament: Luke 5)
1. According to Eliphaz, man is born to what as surely as sparks fly upwards?
Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward.
2. What does Eliphaz call a person whom GOD corrects?
Blessed is the one whom God corrects.
3. What does GOD do when he injures us, according to Eliphaza?
For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.
4. What were the name of Peter’s partners?
For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.
5. When Peter fell to Jesus knee’s after the miracle in Lake of Gennesaret(ie. Sea of Galilee), what did he ask Jesus to do?
Luke 5: 8
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"
6. On seeing what did Jesus said to the paralyzed man that his sins are forgiven?
When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."
7. What is the name of the tax collector whom Jesus invited to follow him?
After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him.
8. Why did Jesus say, He came to the earth?
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Week 2 Questions (Old Testament: Job 6, New Testament: Luke 6)
1. According to Job, whose terrors are marshaled against him?
The arrows of the Almighty are in me, my spirit drinks in their poison; God’s terrors are marshaled against me.
2. According to Job, what kind of person forsakes the fear of the Almighty?
Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
3. What does Job ask his friends to do?
Job 6: 24
"Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong
4. Who entered the temple ate consecrated bread meant for priests?
Jesus answered them, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and taking the consecrated bread, he ate what is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."
5. How many of Jesus's apostles had the name Judas?
imon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, 15 Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot, 16 Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.
6. How many disciples did Jesus have?
Luke 6: 13
When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles:
Luke 6: 17
He went down with them and stood on a level place. A large crowd of his disciples was there and a great number of people from all over Judea
7. What does Jesus say of disciples about whom everyone speaks well of?
Luke 6: 26
Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.
8. What should we do to those who mistreat us, according to Jesus?
Luke 6: 27-28
"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
9. What should we do when someone takes what belongs to you?
Luke 6: 30
Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
10. How does GOD treat ungrateful and wicked people?
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Week 3 Questions (Old Testament: Job 7, New Testament: Luke 6)
1. According to Job, who has hard service on earth?
"Do not mortals have hard service on earth? Are not their days like those of hired laborers?
2. Complete this famous phrase by Job: What is man kind that ___________?
What is mankind that you make so much of them
3. According to job, how often does GOD test man?
that you examine them every morning and test them every moment
4. Do not judge and ____________?
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
5. The mouth speaks what _________?
For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
6. According to Jesus, we should come to Him, heard His words and ______________?
As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
7. People hate me, they exclude you and insult me and reject my name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Who am I?
Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.